Welcome to Galactic!#
General Galactic creates software solutions for better virtual communication. Our product helps foster better interpersonal connection, efficiency, collaboration, and feedback over video.
We’re happy to have you join our growing community of users. YAY! Things can be a little clunky in places on this early ride and you can always hit us up on email@example.com.
Tell me more about the product#
Our free virtual camera, Galactic Camera, can be used on your computer with popular video conference platforms that you are likely using daily. You can then add on any of our Apps to use with your Galactic Camera to make your meetings more fun and productive. Check out the tips on how to get started.
In general, if you run into issues as you use Galactic, restart the camera and/or browser. Thanks for being an early user <3!
What are these apps you keep talking about? Tell me everything!
Apps help make your meetings more…Galactic!
More about apps here.
Privacy and Permissions#
Mac users, make sure your browser and app have permissions to share your screen (not an us-thing, it’s a Mac thing).
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences,
- Click Security & Privacy
- Click Privacy. Select Screen Recording.
- Select the checkbox next to an app or browser to allow it to record your screen.
Any other Pro tips?#
When in doubt or things seem funky:
- Check to see if the Galactic Icon is on your task bar. Search for “Galactic Cam” on your computer and click on the icon to turn the Camera on.
- Restart. I know.. restarting your Galactic App and Video Apps (like Zoom, Teams etc), and/or your browser (for web based platforms like Meet) usually do the trick.
- Mac users, make sure your browser and app have permissions to share your screen (not an us-thing, it’s a Mac thing). Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy. Select Screen Recording. Select the checkbox next to an app or browser to allow it to record your screen.