Galactic Camera - MacOS
The Galactic Camera is a virtual camera that can be selected as a camera source in your virtual meetings. You can use your preferred internal or external webcam to power the video stream for your Galactic Camera. Once you’re done installing the camera, visit the Control Center and the App Store to make your meetings better.
How do I install Galactic Camera on my Mac?#
- Install the Galactic Camera by clicking on the download button and going through the installation process.
- After installation is complete, open the Galactic Camera from your applications folder (or do a search to start & open “Galactic Camera”
- When successful, you should see the Galactic Camera icon in the top menu bar of your computer.
- Click on the Galactic Camera icon in the menu bar to open the app and then click on Sign In to Galactic.
- After you’re logged in on the website, click “Log into Galactic Camera”. This should open up the Galactic Camera.
- In the Camera app, use the dropdown to select the main webcam you’d like Galactic to use for your video source.
- Click Preview to see if it’s working! You’ll get a message that asks you to allow the app to use your camera. Allow access and you should see yourself in the small preview.
I downloaded and installed the Galactic Camera. What do I do next?#
* Search for “Galactic Cam” on your computer and click on the app to start the camera. You should now see Galactic Camera icon on your menu bar. * Click on the Galactic Camera icon and in the Camera section, use the dropdown to select the webcam you’d like Galactic to use for your video. * Click Preview to see if it’s working. You’ll get a message that asks you to allow the app to use your camera. Allow access and you should see yourself in the small preview along with your first app, Name Badge. * To use Galactic in a video meeting, you will need to make sure that the Galactic Camera appears as an option within the Camera section of your video. We suggest restarting your video apps (like Zoom, Teams etc.), and/or your browser (for web based platforms like Meet) to make sure Galactic shows up as a camera option.
What are the apps you keep talking about? Tell me everything!#
Apps help you do more in meetings! More about Apps here.
- I’m in a meeting and have Galactic Cam selected as my camera, but I see text that says “The Galactic Camera is not running”. How do I fix that?